EXPORT PERMIT APPLICATION
A. As part of your export permit application, you must submit the following documents:
- ANAM Terrestrial and Marine Export Permit Application Form in Spanish. For your convenience, we can provide a list of independent translators that you may contact directly.
- Collecting report in Spanish, referring to your previous collecting permit granted by ANAM.
- Material Transfer Agreement Complete requested information, sign and scan it. Material Transfer Agreement English version only for your reference, you must complete, sign and scan the Spanish version.
- Once you collect, you are required to deposit a set of of samples collected, along with a "carta remisoria". When you have complied with this requirement, you will need a proof of deposit letter from the appropriate/corresponding Museum:
- Flora: “Herbario de la Universidad de Panamá”. ”. You must obtain a proof of deposit letter "carta remisoria", signed by the Herbarium. . Please complete the "carta remisoria" contact Lucila Guillen, email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: 523-6590. The Herbarium of the University of Panama will now charge $10.00 for the certification of deposit of samples. When you do the deposit, to the herbarium, go to the cashier located at the Science’s Faculty, which is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Once you have paid, go to the herbarium with the receipt, so they can give you the certification. The $10.00 is for each certification they issue. ALL FLORA SAMPLES MUST BE DEPOSITED IN THE HERBARIUM IN THE UNIVERSITY OF PANAMA. STRI WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY FLORA SAMPLES.
"Museo de Invertebrados de la Universidad de Panamá (MIUP)". You must obtain a proof of deposit letter "carta remisoria" (Insect Deposit Form), signed by the MIUP. Please read the Specimen preparation donation guidelines and complete the insect deposit form.
"Museo de Vertebrados de la Universidad de Panamá". You must obtain a proof of deposit letter "carta remisoria", signed by the Vertebrates Museum. Please contact Dr. Víctor Tejera, e-mail: email@example.com , tel.: 523-6217 or Ricardo Pérez, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marine biological and fresh water samples: “Museo de Biología Marina y Limnología”. You must obtain a proof of deposit letter "carta remisoria", signed by Marine Biological and Limnology Museum. The samples must be deposit in a labeled glass bottle. Please contact Professor Edgardo Muñoz, email: email@example.com
B. If samples were collected in the Barro Colorado Nature Monument, the following documents will also be required:
- Copy of passport (non-Panamanian citizens) or "cédula" (Panamanian citizens).
- Download, sign, scan and send the letter of commitment along with all the other documents requested. Without this letter of commitment ANAM will not process your application. The letter with original signature will also be required. The letter with original signature will also be required. You will have to send this letter via Courier to STRI, to the following address:
Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute
Visitor Services Office
Attn.: Permit Section-MRC 0580-12
Phone (507) 212-8082 / (507) 212-8158
Panama, Republic of Panama
Please send all the above documents to Office of Permits: