Punta Culebra Nature Center’s education program is designed exclusively for groups of students of all ages. The program was developed with direct collaboration from the Environmental Education Directorate of the Ministry of Education of Panama.
During their visits, students participate in activities that complement classroom learning (i.e. school programs) through hands-on experiences that stimulate all of their senses.
A school group learns and has fun
EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES GUIDE
The following is a list of educational activities options to choose from for an educational tour. Not all are offered in English, so if you would like to book an activity in English, please let us know when you make your reservation and we would accommodate you accordingly:
School Program Activities
- Pre-school through high school: Let's ask the trash
- Pre-school: What's on the bottom of the sea?
- Pre-school - 2nd grade: Amphibian life cycle
- Preschool - 5th Grade: Hidden to the naked eye
- 1st to 2nd grade: Between shells and snails
- 1st - 5th grade: Food Chain
- 2nd - 3rd grade: Find my home
- 2nd - 3rd grade: Toads and Frogs
- 4th - 5th grade: 1. Vertebrate animals
2. Classification of amphibians
- 4th - 6th grade: Classification of plants.
- 5th to high school: Science takes flight
- From 6th grade to 3rd year: Expedition to Crab Beach
Follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PuntaCulebra/) for more information about our events and activities throughout the year.
In a fun-filled environment, kids between ages 7 and 12 enjoy nature and experiment with STRI research through games and educational activities.
As part of STRI’s Public Programs, Punta Culebra Nature Center has participated as an organizer of training programs for teachers, especially in the areas of marine and terrestrial science and environmental education. Teachers and professors have the opportunity to experiment and discover, through their own experiences, the different environments of Panama.